The Ghostwriting Hustle: Can You Make a Living?
If you have ever thought about becoming a ghostwriter, you may be wondering if it is possible to make a living wage from this type of work. The good news is that it IS possible – but there are some key things to consider before taking the leap. Read on to find out what you need to know about ghostwriting and how to succeed in this competitive field.
What is Ghostwriting?
In case you don’t already know, ghostwriting is the process of writing for someone else without giving your name as the author or taking credit for the work. It can involve any type of writing, including articles, blog posts, books, admissions essays and even speeches. Ghostwriters are hired by individuals or companies who need content written but don’t have the time or resources to do so themselves. Here at Ghost Scholar, we have interviewed and trained our ghostwriters to ensure they are the best out there. Thus, we have taken the guess work out for you!
Making Money as a Ghostwriter
As with any type of freelancing job, making money as a ghostwriter is all about having the right skills and knowledge combined with an entrepreneurial spirit and drive. You will be competing against other freelancers who also want to make money ghostwriting, so you will need to stand out from the crowd in order to land those high-paying jobs. Here are the major qualities we look for when choosing to take someone on to our prestige team here at Ghost Scholar:
• Research Thoroughly – This is key for any kind of writing job, but especially when it comes to ghostwriting. Take time to research your topics thoroughly; this will help ensure that your content is accurate and up-to-date. Websites to search include Google Scholar and PubMed, while the tabloids and Wikipedia should be avoided
• Be Professional – Showing professionalism goes far beyond having good grammar and spelling; it involves being reliable and punctual throughout your entire working relationship with clients. Furthermore, it is important to keep your emotions in check, remembering that at the end of the day, it is the client's ghostwritten work, and so it should be to their liking regardless of your opinion on the matter.
• Be Responsive – No one wants to be “left on read,” thus the faster the response, the better. This is a key reason why so many places have automated responses telling the sender that the receiver will get in touch with you shortly. Keeping your client in the loop is a major way to get good reviews for your ghostwriting gigs.
• Be Flexible – Being able to adapt quickly when circumstances change (such as deadlines being moved up unexpectedly) can set you apart from other freelancers in this field. Furthermore, flexibility in receiving feedback can make all the difference in having repeat customers while generating leads via word of mouth.
• Network – Networking can open doors that may not have been accessible otherwise; reach out to our team for more information about joining or forums dedicated specifically to helping freelance writers—this is an excellent way of finding new clients who may not have known about your services otherwise!
Ghostwriting can be an excellent way for students looking for ways to make extra income while still being able to focus on their studies. It requires dedication, creativity, and research skills—but if done correctly, it can be very rewarding both financially and creatively. From researching topics thoroughly to networking with potential clients, there are many ways that aspiring writers can get started in this field today! So if you feel like tackling the challenge of making a living through ghostwriting, consider reaching out to our team at Ghost Scholar! You never know where it might lead!